GGSS hosts and participates in numerous outreach events in order to spark community interest in civil engineering. Each outreach event focuses on hands-on learning, combining educational demonstrations and activities to help participants develop problem solving and design skills. While young students are the primary audience for such events, GGSS also engages with local educators and the public to maximize impact. Our program hopes to:
- Boost UC Davis community involvement
- Stimulate interest in engineering
- Develop effective educators
- Increase public education on natural hazards engineering
- Create activities to fulfill NextGen Targets for public schools
For more information about GGSS outreach events, or if you are interested in scheduling an event, please contact our current outreach coordinator Mandeep Singh Basson (firstname.lastname@example.org).